Thursday 10 November 2011

Doing All Right

Okay.  I didn't take the paper route.  When you are heading towards something that is right for you, that you are passionate about, you will drive three hours to hear a friend sing a song you wrote and then arrive home long after midnight. You will hop on a bus for one or two days, live in a tent, take cold showers for two weeks.  You will move any obstacle, find any solution you need.

When  you drag your feet, hum and haw, second guess yourself, then you are likely not headed in the right direction. The second I sent my "not gonna do it" email, my husband came out of his office to tell me he had recieved an email about an exciting job opportunity of his own. Hmmm.  Interesting timing.

So our financial problems are not fixed, but you know as far as problems go they are not so bad: we are not dying, we are not getting a divorce, we are not without loving friends and family.  We are doing all right.

Yesterday my life was in ruin
Now today I know what I'm doing
Got a feeling I should be doing all right
Doing all right

Where will I be this time tomorrow?
Jumped in joy or sinking in sorrow
Anyway I should be doing all right
Doing all right

Should be waiting for the sun
Looking round to find the words to say
Should be waiting for the skies to clear
There ain't time in all the world

Should be waiting for the sun
And anyway I've got to hide away

Yesterday my life was in ruin
Now today God knows what I'm doing
Anyway I should be doing all right
Doing all right

Doing all right
QUEEN

No comments: